The Morontia Life
THE MORONTIA LIFE
I. MORONTIA DEFINED
1. Morontia is the realm between the material and the spiritual.“Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.” (9.2) 0:5.12
2. Bridges the gulf between mortal origin and spiritual status.“Much of the reality of the spiritual worlds is of the morontia order, a phase of universe reality wholly unknown on Urantia. The goal of personality existence is spiritual, but the morontia creations always intervene, bridging the gulf between the material realms of mortal origin and the superuniverse spheres of advancing spiritual status. It is in this realm that the Master Spirits make their great contribution to the plan of man’s Paradise ascension.” (189.7) 16:4.6
II. THE MORONTIA TEMPLE
1. Morontia temples belong to the era of light and life.“The presence of a morontia temple at the capital of an inhabited world is the certificate of the admission of such a sphere to the settled ages of light and life. Before the Teacher Sons leave a world at the conclusion of their terminal mission, they inaugurate this final epoch of evolutionary attainment; they preside on that day when the ‘holy temple comes down upon earth.’ This event, signalizing the dawn of the era of light and life, is always honored by the personal presence of the Paradise bestowal Son of that planet, who comes to witness this great day. There in this temple of unparalleled beauty, this bestowal Son of Paradise proclaims the long-time Planetary Prince as the new Planetary Sovereign and invests such a faithful Lanonandek Son with new powers and extended authority over planetary affairs. The System Sovereign is also present and speaks in confirmation of these pronouncements.
“A morontia temple has three parts: Centermost is the sanctuary of the Paradise bestowal Son. On the right is the seat of the former Planetary Prince, now Planetary Sovereign; and when present in the temple, this Lanonandek Son is visible to the more spiritual individuals of the realm. On the left is the seat of the acting chief of finaliters attached to the planet.” (622.1) 55:1.1
2. Construction of the morontia temple.“Although the planetary temples have been spoken of as ‘coming down from heaven,’ in reality no actual material is transported from the system head quarters. The architecture of each is worked out in miniature on the system capital, and the Morontia Power Supervisors subsequently bring these approved plans to the planet. Here, in association with the Master Physical Controllers, they proceed to build the morontia temple according to specifications.” (622.3) 55:1.3 Rev 21:10.
3. Description of the temple.“The average morontia temple seats about three hundred thousand spectators. These edifices are not used for worship, play, or for receiving broadcasts; they are devoted to the special ceremonies of the planet, such as: communications with the System Sovereign or with the Most Highs, special visualization ceremonies designed to reveal the personality presence of spirit beings, and silent cosmic contemplation. The schools of cosmic philosophy here conduct their graduation exercises, and here also do the mortals of the realm receive planetary recognition for achievements of high social service and for other outstanding attainments.” (622.4) 55:1.4
4. Translations take place in the temple.“Such a morontia temple also serves as the place of assembly for witnessing the translation of living mortals to the morontia existence. It is because the translation temple is composed of morontia material that it is not destroyed by the blazing glory of the consuming fire which so completely obliterates the physical bodies of those mortals who therein experience final fusion with their divine Adjusters. On a large world these departure flares are almost continuous, and as the number of translations increases, subsidiary morontia life shrines are provided in different areas of the planet. Not long since I sojourned on a world in the far north whereon twenty-five morontia shrines were functioning.” (622.5) 55:1.5
5. Death and translation.“Natural, physical death is not a mortal inevitability. The majority of advanced evolutionary beings, citizens on worlds existing in the final era of light and life, do not die; they are translated directly from the life in the flesh to the morontia existence.
“This experience of translation from the material life to the morontia state—fusion of the immortal soul with the indwelling Adjuster—increases in frequency commensurate with the evolutionary progress of the planet. At first only a few mortals in each age attain translation levels of spiritual progress, but with the onset of the successive ages of the Teacher Sons, more and more Adjuster fusions occur before the termination of the lengthening lives of these progressing mortals; and by the time of the terminal mission of the Teacher Sons, approximately one quarter of these superb mortals are exempt from natural death.” (623.1) 55:2.1
III. THE MORONTIA SELF
1. Progressive evolution of the morontia self.“Just as a butterfly emerges from the caterpillar stage, so will the true personalities of human beings emerge on the mansion worlds, for the first time revealed apart from their onetime enshroudment in the material flesh. The morontia career in the local universe has to do with the continued elevation of the personality mechanism from the beginning morontia level of soul existence up to the final morontia level of progressive spirituality.” (1235.5) 112:6.1
2. Morontia personality forms.“It is difficult to instruct you regarding your morontia personality forms for the local universe career. You will be endowed with morontia patterns of personality manifestability, and these are investments which, in the last analysis, are beyond your comprehension. Such forms, while entirely real, are not energy patterns of the material order which you now understand. They do, however, serve the same purpose on the local universe worlds as do your material bodies on the planets of human nativity.” (1235.6) 112:6.2
3. The morontia mind.“In the morontia estate the ascending mortal is endowed with the Nebadon modification of the cosmic-mind endowment of the Master Spirit of Orvonton. The mortal intellect, as such, has perished, has ceased to exist as a focalized universe entity apart from the undifferentiated mind circuits of the Creative Spirit. But the meanings and values of the mortal mind have not perished. Certain phases of mind are continued in the surviving soul; certain experiential values of the former human mind are held by the Adjuster; and there persist in the local universe the records of the human life as it was lived in the flesh, together with certain living registrations in the numerous beings who are concerned with the final evaluation of the ascending mortal, beings extending in range from seraphim to Universal Censors and probably on beyond to the Supreme.” (1236.2) 112:6.4
4. Morontia memory.“The persistence of memory is proof of the retention of the identity of original selfhood; it is essential to complete self-consciousness of personality continuity and expansion. Those mortals who ascend without Adjusters are dependent on the instruction of seraphic associates for the reconstruction of human memory; otherwise the morontia souls of the Spirit-fused mortals are not limited. The pattern of memory persists in the soul, but this pattern requires the presence of the former Adjuster to become immediately self-realizable as continuing memory. Without the Adjuster, it requires considerable time for the mortal survivor to re-explore and relearn, to recapture, the memory consciousness of the meanings and values of a former existence.” (1236.6) 112:6.8
IV. MORONTIA MOTA
1. Mota is stereoscopic philosophy.“Mota is more than a superior philosophy; it is to philosophy as two eyes are to one; It has a stereoscopic effect on meanings and values. Material man sees the universe, as it were, with but one eye—flat. Mansion world students achieve cosmic perspective—depth—by superimposing the perceptions of the morontia life upon the perceptions of the physical life. And they are enabled to bring these material and morontial viewpoints into true focus largely through the untiring ministry of their seraphic counselors, who so patiently teach the mansion world students and the morontia progressors. Many of the teaching counselors of the supreme order of seraphim began their careers as advisers of the newly liberated souls of the mortals of time.” (554.2) 48:6.28
2. Mota as related to human philosophy.“The lower planes of morontia mota join directly with the higher levels of human philosophy. On the first mansion world it is the practice to teach the less advanced students by the parallel technique; that is, in one column are presented the more simple concepts of mota meanings, and in the opposite column citation is made of analogous statements of mortal philosophy.
“Not long since, while executing an assignment on the first mansion world of Satania, I had occasion to observe this method of teaching; and though I may not undertake to present the mota content of the lesson, I am permitted to record the twenty-eight statements of human philosophy which this morontia instructor was utilizing as illustrative material designed to assist these new mansion world sojourners in their early efforts to grasp the significance and meaning of mota. These illustrations of human philosophy were:“1. A display of specialized skill does not signify possession of spiritual capacity. Cleverness is not a substitute for true character.
“2. Few persons live up to the faith which they really have. Unreasoned fear is a master intellectual fraud practiced upon the evolving mortal soul.
“3. Inherent capacities cannot be exceeded; a pint can never hold a quart. The spirit concept cannot be mechanically forced into the material memory mold.
“4. Few mortals ever dare to draw anything like the sum of personality credits established by the combined ministries of nature and grace. The majority of impoverished souls are truly rich, but they refuse to believe it.
“5. Difficulties may challenge mediocrity and defeat the fearful, but they only stimulate the true children of the Most Highs.
“6. To enjoy privilege without abuse, to have liberty without license, to possess power and steadfastly refuse to use it for self-aggrandizement—these are the marks of high civilization.
“7. Blind and unforeseen accident do not occur in the cosmos. Neither do the celestial beings assist the lower being who refuses to act upon his light of truth.
“8. Effort does not always produce joy, but there is no happiness without intelligent effort.
“9. Action achieves strength; moderation eventuates in charm.
“10. Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth, and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the In- finite.
“11. The weak indulge in resolutions, but the strong act. Life is but a day’s work—do it well. The act is ours; the consequences God’s.
“12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.
“13. Stars are best discerned from the lonely isolation of experiential depths, not from the illuminated and ecstatic mountain tops.
“14. Whet the appetites of your associates for truth; give advice only when it is asked for.
“15. Affectation is the ridiculous effort of the ignorant to appear wise, the attempt of the barren soul to appear rich.
“16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.
“17. Ambition is dangerous until it is fully socialized. You have not truly acquired any virtue until your acts make you worthy of it.
“18. Impatience is a spirit poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet’s nest.
“19. Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.
“20. Only a poet can discern poetry in the commonplace prose of routine existence.
“21. The high mission of any art is, by its illusions, to forshadow a higher universe reality, to crystallize the emotions of time into the thought of eternity.
“22. The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do.
23. Death added nothing to the intellectual possession or to the spiritual endowment, but it did add to the experiential status the consciousness of survival.
“24. The destiny of eternity is determined moment by moment by the achievements of the day by day living. The acts of today are the destiny of tomorrow.
“25. Greatness lies not so much in possessing strength as in making a wise and divine use of such strength.
“26. Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love.
“27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.
“28. The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.
“Such is the work of the beginners of the first mansion world while the more advanced pupils on the later worlds are mastering the higher levels of cosmic insight and morontia mota.” (556.1) 48:7.1
V. FUNCTIONS OF MORONTIA LIFE
1. Morontia spans local universe career.“The Gods cannot—at least they do not—transform a creature of gross animal nature into a perfected spirit by some mysterious act of creative magic. When the Creators desire to produce perfect beings, they do so by direct and original creation, but they never undertake to convert animal- origin and material creatures into beings of perfection in a single step.
“The morontia life, extending as it does over the various stages of the local universe career, is the only possible approach whereby material mortals could attain the threshold of the spirit world. What magic could death, the natural dissolution of the material body, hold that such a simple step should instantly transform the mortal and material mind into an immortal and perfected spirit? Such beliefs are but ignorant superstitions and pleasing fables.” (541.1) 48:0.1
2. Morontia intervenes between mortal and spirit status.“Always this morontia transition intervenes between the mortal estate and the subsequent spirit status of surviving human beings. This intermediate state of universe progress differs markedly in the various local creations, but in intent and purpose they are all quite similar. The arrangement of the mansion and higher morontia worlds in Nebadon is fairly typical of the morontia transition regimes in this part of Orvonton.” (541.3) 48:0.3
3. Constellation sojourn typical morontia life.“This entire sojourn on the constellation training worlds, culminating in Edentia citizenship, is a period of true and heavenly bliss for the morontia progressors. Throughout your sojourn on the system worlds you were evolving from a near-animal to a morontia creature; you were more mater ial than spiritual. On the Salvington spheres you will be evolving from a morontia being to the status of a true spirit; you will be more spiritual than material. But on Edentia, ascenders are midway between their former and their future estates, midway in their passage from evolutionary animal to ascending spirit. During your whole stay on Edentia and its worlds you are ‘as the angels’; you are constantly progressing but all the while maintaining a general and a typical morontia status.
“This constellation sojourn of an ascending mortal is the most uniform and stabilized epoch in the entire career of morontia progression. This experience constitutes the prespirit socialization training of the ascenders. It is analogous to the prefinaliter spiritual experience of Havona and to the preabsonite training on Paradise.” (495.4) 43:9.2
VI. MORONTIA WORK AND HABITS
1. Morontia worlds.“The morontia spheres are the transition phases of mortal ascension through the progression worlds of the local universe. Only the seven worlds sur rounding the finaliters’ sphere of the local systems are called mansion worlds, but all fifty-six of the system transition abodes, in common with the higher spheres around the constellations and the universe headquarters, are called morontia worlds. These creations partake of the physical beauty and the morontia grandeur of the local universe headquarters spheres.” (541.5) 48:1.2
2. Habits of morontia life.“Though you have morontia bodies, you continue, through all seven of these worlds, to eat, drink, and rest. You partake of the morontia order of food, a kingdom of living energy unknown on the material worlds. Both food and water are fully utilized in the morontia body; there is no residual waste. Pause to consider: Mansonia number one is a very material sphere, presenting the early beginnings of the morontia regime. You are still a near human and not far removed from the limited viewpoints of mortal life, but each world discloses definite progress. From sphere to sphere you grow less material, more intellectual, and slightly more spiritual. The spiritual progress is greatest on the last three of these seven progressive worlds.” (535.2) 47:4.6
3. Technique of morontia memory.“Your Adjuster memory remains fully intact as you ascend the morontia life. Those mental associations that were purely animalistic and wholly material naturally perished with the physical brain, but everything in your mental life which was worthwhile, and which had survival value, was counterparted by the Adjuster and is retained as a part of personal memory all the way through the ascendant career. You will be conscious of all your worthwhile experiences as you advance from one mansion world to another and from one section of the universe to another—even to Paradise.” (535.1) 47:4.5
4. Morontia training on World No. 4.“It is during the period of training on world number four that the ascending mortals are really first introduced to the demands and delights of the true social life of morontia creatures. And it is indeed a new experience for evolutionary creatures to participate in social activities which are predicated neither on personal aggrandizement nor on self-seeking conquest. A new social order is being introduced, one based on the understanding sympathy of mutual appreciation, the unselfish love of mutual service, and the overmastering motivation of the realization of a common and supreme destiny—the Paradise goal of worshipful and divine perfection. Ascenders are all becoming self-conscious of God-knowing, God- revealing, God-seeking, and God-finding.” (536.4) 47:6.3
VII. PLAY LIFE AND FELLOWSHIP
1. Morontia Companions are play sponsors.“These children of the local universe Mother Spirits are the friends and associates of all who live the ascending morontia life. They are not indispensable to an ascender’s real work of creature progression, neither do they in any sense displace the work of the seraphic guardians who often accompany their mortal associates on the Paradise journey. The morontia Companions are simply gracious hosts to those who are just beginning the long inward ascent. They are also skillful play sponsors and are ably assisted in this work by the reversion directors.” (282.5) 25:7.1
2. All the way to Paradise there is time for play.“Though you will have earnest and progressively difficult tasks to perform on the morontia training worlds of Nebadon, you will always be provided with regular seasons of rest and reversion. Throughout the journey to Paradise there will always be time for rest and spirit play; and in the career of light and life there is always time for worship and new achievement.” (282.6) 25:7.2
3. Companionship provided for all the Paradise journey.“These Morontia Companions are such friendly associates that, when you finally leave the last phase of the morontia experience, as you prepare to embark upon the superuniverse spirit adventure, you will truly regret that these companionable creatures cannot accompany you, but they serve exclusively in the local universes. At every stage of the ascending career all contactable personalities will be friendly and companionable, but not until you meet the Paradise Companions will you find another group so devoted to friendship and companionship.” (282.7) 25:7.3
4. Morontia life and the celestial artisans.“Any morontia personality or spirit entity is eligible for admission to the corps of the celestial artisans; that is, any being below the rank of inherent divine sonship. Ascending sons of God from the evolutionary spheres may, after their arrival on the morontia worlds, apply for admis- sion to the artisans corps and, if sufficiently gifted, may choose such a career for a longer or shorter period. But no one may enlist with the celestial artisans for less than one millennium, one thousand years of superuniverse time.” (497.4) 44:0.4
VIII. TRAITS ERADICATED AND FRUSTRATED AMBITIONS
1. Traits eradicated by morontia life.“One of the purposes of the morontia career is to effect the permanent eradication from the mortal survivors of such animal vestigial traits as procrastination, equivocation, insincerity, problem avoidance, unfairness, and ease seeking. The mansonia life early teaches the young morontia pupils that postponement is in no sense avoidance. After the life in the flesh, time is no longer available as a technique of dodging situations or of circumventing disagreeable obligations.” (551.3) 48:5.8
2. Realization of frustrated ambitions.“But every human being should remember: Many ambitions to excel which tantalize mortals in the flesh will not persist with these same mortals in the morontia and spirit careers. The ascending morontians learn to socialize their former purely selfish longings and egoistic ambitions. Nevertheless, those things which you so earnestly longed to do on earth and which circumstances so persistently denied you, if, after acquiring true mota insight in the morontia career, you still desire to do, then will you most certainly be granted every opportunity fully to satisfy your long-cherished desires.” (508.2) 44:8.4
IX. SUNDRY FEATURES OF MORONTIA LIFE
1. Morontia and the survival experience.“The morontia phase of revealed religion has to do with the experience of survival, and its great urge is the attainment of spirit perfection. There also is present the higher urge of worship, associated with an impelling call to increased ethical service. Morontia insight entails an ever-expanding consciousness of the Sevenfold, the Supreme, and even the Ultimate.” (1111.6) 101:6.1
2. In morontia assurance of truth replaces assurance of faith."Increasingly throughout the morontia progression the assurance of truth replaces the assurance of faith. When you are finally mustered into the actual spirit world, then will the assurances of pure spirit insight operate in the place of faith and truth or, rather, in conjunction with, and superimposed upon, these former techniques of personality assurance.” (1111.4) 101:5.14
3. Adjusters and the morontia life.“The Thought Adjusters are the children of the universe career, and in- deed the virgin Adjusters must gain experience while mortal creatures grow and develop. As the personality of the human child expands for the struggles of evolutionary existence, so does the Adjuster wax great in the rehearsals of the next stage of ascending life. As the child acquires adaptative versatility for his adult activities through the social and play life of early childhood, so does the indwelling Adjuster achieve skill for the next stage of cosmic life by virtue of the preliminary mortal planning and rehearsing of those activities which have to do with the morontia career. Human existence constitutes a period of practice which is effectively utilized by the Adjuster in preparing for the increased responsibilities and the greater opportunities of a future life. But the Adjuster’s efforts, while living within you, are not so much concerned with the affairs of temporal life and planetary existence. Today, the Thought Adjusters are, as it were, rehearsing the realities of the universe career in the evolving minds of human beings.” (1195.1) 109:0.1
4. Revelation bridges the morontia gulf.“Revelation is evolutionary man’s only hope of bridging the morontia gulf. Faith and reason, unaided by mota, cannot conceive and construct a logical universe. Without the insight of mota, mortal man cannot disconcern goodness, love, and truth in the phenomena of the material world.” (1137.3) 103:6.13
5. Master Spirit stamp continues in the morontia.“The physical stamp of a Master Spirit is a part of man’s material origin. The entire morontia career is lived under the continuing influence of this same Master Spirit. It is hardly strange that the subsequent spirit career of such an ascending mortal never fully eradicates the characteristic stamp of this same supervising Spirit. The impress of a Master Spirit is basic to the very existence of every pre-Havona stage of mortal ascension.” (191.2) 16:5.4
6. Paul knew about morontia worlds.“Paul learned of the existence of the morontia worlds and of the reality of morontia materials, for he wrote, ‘They have in heaven a better and more enduring substance.’ And these morontia materials are real, literal, even as in ‘the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.’ And each of these marvelous spheres is ‘a better country, that is, a heavenly one.’” (542.4) 48:1.7 Heb 10:34; 11:10,16.
X. JESUS AND THE MORONTIA LIFE
“Now is the mortal transit of Jesus—the morontia resurrection of the Son of Man—completed. The transitory experience of the Master as a personality midway between the material and the spiritual has begun. And he has done all this through power inherent within himself; no personality has rendered him any assistance. He now lives as Jesus of morontia, and as he begins this morontia life, the material body of his flesh lies there undisturbed in the tomb. The soldiers are still on guard, and the seal of the governor about the rocks has not yet been broken.” (2022.4) 189:1.13
MORONTIA IN THE BIBLE
1. Paul had some idea about morontia reality.“Since you know that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one.” Heb 10:34. (The King James Version reads: “Ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.”)
2. Jesus’ morontia appearances.a. Human eyes had to be opened.“And their eyes were opened and they recognized him; and he vanished out of their sight.” Luke 24:31.
b. The morontia form appears suddenly.Jesus himself stood among them. But they were startled and frightened, was supposed that they saw a spirit.” Luke 24:36,37.
c. Disappears instantly.“While he blessed them, he parted from them.” Luke 24:51.
d. Morontia Jesus eats fish.“He said to them, ‘Have you anything to eat?’ They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate before them.” Luke 24:41-43.
e. Jesus Mary not to touch him.Jesus said to her, ‘Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the the Father.’” John 20:17.
f. Comes and goes without hindrance.“The doors being shut...for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood Among them and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’” John 20:19.
Note: Eight days later he repeated this. See John 20:26.)
3. Morontia may be our “treasure in heaven.”“But Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.”Matt 6:20.
4. Even spirit beings may be real to human vision.“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.” Heb 13:2.
EXAMPLES:1. Three visitors to Abraham. Gen 18:1-8. (One was Yahweh.)
2. Two angels visit Lot. Gen 19:1-3.
3. To Moses at the burning bush. Ex 3:2.
4. Angel of the Lord appears to Hagar. Gen 16:10.
5. Angel calls to Hagar. Gen 21:17.
6. Angel awakens Elijah. 1 Kings 19:5.
7. An angel accosts Jacob. Gen 32:1.
8. Elisha’s servant’s eyes opened. 2 Kings 6:17.
9. Isaiah and the seraphim. Isa 6:6.
10. Angel talks with Zechariah. Zech 1:9.
11. Jacob wrestles with an angel. Gen 32:25-26.
12. The angel stays Abraham’s hand. Gen 22:10-11.
5. The morontia (spiritual) body.“It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised as spiritual body.” I Cor 15:43-44.
MORONTIA PROGRESSION THROUGH THE LOCAL UNIVERSE
This is an attempt to trace the surviving mortal through the morontia life from the conception of his immortal soul on Urantia to the completion of his morontia progression on Salvington as he prepares to enter upon the first stage of his spirit status.
I. MORONTIA EXPERIENCE ON URANTIA
1. The human mind and the divine Adjuster unite to create the morontia soul.
2. This morontia soul experiences evolutionary growth throughout the lifetime of the Urantia mortal.
3. This soul is neither material nor spiritual—it is morontial.
4. This morontial soul is immortal, and becomes more and more permeated by truth, beauty, and goodness. (1218.1) 111:2.3
5. During the death transition, the morontia soul is in the custody of the guardian seraphim. (1230.2) 112:3.4
II. THE FIRST MANSION WORLD
1. You wake up with the resurrection hall.
2. You begin the morontia life just where the mortal life was terminated by death.
3. Consciousness of identity is restored by the meeting of the memory and personality factors in the keeping of the Adjuster with the identity soul factors in the custody of the seraphim.
4. From the resurrection hall you go to the Melchizedek center where you get your assignment to a permanent residence.
5. Next you are introduced to your educational program designed to make up your Urantia deficiencies—especially biologic deficiencies.
6. Parental deficiencies are ascertained and, when present, are made up by ministering to children on the nursery world and by subsequent service in the homes of the Material Sons on Jerusem.
7. After getting located, you have ten days in which to visit, explore, and look up fellow Urantians.
8. The Morontia Companions assist you in planning study and work, and accompany you on excursions, including Jerusem.
9. In the main, mansion world number one is a deficiency sphere, but much time is also devoted to mind and soul progress. (530.1) 47:0.1
III. THE SECOND MANSION WORLD
1. You learn to live with Spirit-fused ascenders.
2. Social organization and community life progresses.
3. You continue to eat, drink, and sleep. There is no residual waste.
4. The chief business on this sphere is to get rid of intellectual conflicts and mental disharmony.
5. You begin to master morontia mota. (534.5) 47:4.1
6. You get the harps of God. (539.4) 47:10.2
IV. THE THIRD MANSION WORLD
1. This is the headquarters of Mansion World Teachers—they go with you to the morontia finish.
2. On each mansion world you get permission to visit the corresponding satellite.
3. Visits to Jerusem continue.
4. More positive work begins. The first two worlds were largely negative— making up shortcomings.
5. If not attained before, the seven psychic circles are usually completed on this sphere.
6. Special work is done in the correalation of morontia mota and mortal logic.
7. One of the chief studies has to do with cosmic meanings and universe inter-relationships. (535.5) 47:5.1
V. THE FOURTH MANSION WORLD
1. You get acquainted with the Brilliant Evening Stars and other superangels.
2. On Jerusem visits you learn more about the Sons of God.
3. There are more group projects.
4. You learn more from the universe broadcasts.
5. You are introduced to the demands and delights of true morontia social life.
6. A new social culture is based not on personal aggrandizement, but on:a. Understanding sympathy of mutual appreciation.
b. Unselfish love of mutual service.
c. Realization of supreme destiny.
7. You become self-conscious of God-knowing, God-revealing, God-seeking, and God-finding. (536.2) 47:6.1
VI. THE FIFTH MANSION WORLD
1. There is a great advance in spiritual culture—a foretaste of Jerusem life.
2. The Uversa tongue is mastered.
3. There is a foretaste of the constellation study worlds.
4. The real birth of cosmic consciousness occurs. Horizons are extended.
5. Real enthusiasm for the Havona ascent is born.
6. Study becomes voluntary.
7. Worship is spontaneous.
8. A real morontia character is budding. (537.1) 47:7.1
VII. THE SIXTH MANSION WORLD
1. First lessons in the forthcoming spirit career take place.
2. You are introduced to universe administration.
3. Normally the perfect fusion of human mind and the divine Adjuster occurs here—actual working identity. (Fusion may have occurred previously.)
4. The archangel pronounces: “This is a beloved son in whom I am well pleased.”
5. Conferring of the ascender’s new name is followed by the 40 days of spiritual retirement.
6. You are divested of the coarse vestiges of animal origin. (537.6) 47:8.1
VIII. THE SEVENTH MANSION WORLD
1. Preparation begins for residence on Jerusem. (538.6) 47:9.1
2. The purpose of the early morontia training is to eradicate vestigial animal tendencies, such as:a. Procrastination.
d. Problem avoidance.
f. Ease seeking. (551.3) 48:5.8
3. Signs of differential origins are obliterated.
4. You are purged of all remnants of:a. Unfortunate heredity.
b. Unwholesome environment.
c. Unspiritual tendencies.
5. The “mark of the beast” is eradicated.
6. You visit the world of the Father and attain new levels of worship.
7. Classes form for graduation to Jerusem.
8. Graduating classes depart from the sea of glass, with residential status. (538.6) 47:9.1
IX. THE JERUSEM SOJOURN
1. All Jerusem welcomes these graduating classes, as they arrive on the sea of glass with the harps of God.
2. No more “resurrections”—this morontia body will go through to the end of the morontia career. (539.4) 47:10.2
3. This morontia form will undergo 570 changes before achieving first-stage spirit status. (542.2) 48:1.5
4. There is time for morontia play and the realization of frustrated ambitions.
5. Deficiencies, if any, in parental training, are made up by service in the homes of the Material Sons and Daughters.
6. The schools of Jerusem citizenship are conducted by the Material Sons and the Melchizedeks.
7. The morontians study and practice representative government.
8. The vote ranges in value from one to one thousand according to the mota achievement.
9. The over-all task of Jerusem training is the creation of a mota personality— morontia unification of personality. (518.4) 45:7.8
10. You learn to submit the self to the discipline of group requirements. (494.3) 43:8.4
11. There is a unification of personality around a master motive, with an integration to secondary motivations.
12. Free time for visitation of other worlds is available.
X. THE CONSTELLATION TRAINING
1. The over-all purpose of the constellation sojourn is the perfected socialization of the morontia personality.
2. Progressively and in varied association you learn to live with the ten orders of univitatia—morontia-like natives of the constellation.
3. The major study is the mastery of group ethics—submission of the self to the discipline of testing group activities.
4. There are seven phases of interpersonal relationship embraced in the varied associations with univitatia and morontians. (494.1) 43:8.2
5. After graduation from World No. 7 you are granted Edentia citizenship and take up residence on the headquarters planet.
6. Edentia is the midpoint in the morontia life—you are about half material and half spiritual.
7. On Edentia you will have frequent contact with the celestial artisans and the reversion directors. (495.3) 43:9.1
8. You will meet people from other systems—foreigners.
9. You will enjoy receptions given by the Faithful of Days. (489.8) 43:4.5
10. You will meet many new personalities, such as:a. Law forecasters.
b. Social architects.
c. Ethical sensitizers, etc. (432.1) 39:2.18
XI. ON THE LOCAL UNIVERSE CAPITAL
There are 490 Salvington satellites—10 groups of 7 primary worlds, each with 6 subsatellites.
1. Here occurs progressive spiritual training—preparation for later graduation into the spirit world.
2. This is the beginning of the end of the morontia life.
3. First business is a complete review of the morontia career—from the world of origin.
4. Then comes the attempted correlation of all these experiences.
5. Study and work follow on the special Salvington world groups.a. The Melchizidek worlds. The Michael bestowals.
b. Vorondadek worlds. Co-ordination of universe legislation.
c. Lanonandek worlds. Administration. Schools of applied knowledge.
d. Life Carrier worlds. Life planning, conservation, and evolution.
e. Finaliter worlds. Fraternize with midsoniters and beings from superuniverse and central universe.
f. Evening Star worlds. Enter schools of the Teacher Sons and the Evening Stars.
g. Archangel worlds. Study the ascending careers of mortals.
h. Spirit-fused Mortal worlds. Visit on invitation—indefinite.
i. Seraphic worlds. Indefinite. Meet all orders of angels—and some unrevealed.
j. Nothing is said about this group of worlds. (387.2) 35:3.1
6. Salvington.a. You enter morontia finishing schools.
b. Study begins in extension schools—conducted by teachers from Uminor the third.
c. You may visit Michael and the Creative Spirit and hear about Michael’s bestowal on Urantia.
d. There is considerable leisure and you enjoy the sweetness of success.
e. Final examinations for Adjuster-fused mortals are passed.
f. You enter the first-stage spirit status.
g. You go before Michael and receive credentials for transit to the minor sector of the superuniverse of Orvonton. (1238.3) 112:7.8
MORE ABOUT THE MORONTIA LIFE
I. THE MORONTIA
1. The morontia is the beginning of a gigantic universe school of experiential training. (558.1) 48:8.3
2. Seven worlds of corrective training and cultural education introduce the transition which intervenes between material existence and spirit attainment. (540.3) 47:10.7
3. Resurrected mortals have the same type of body that Jesus had when he arose from the tomb. (2029.3) 190:0.3
II. MORONTIA WORLD PERSONALITIES
1. Morontia Companions. (545.2) 48:3.1
2. Reversion Directors. (547.4) 48:4.1
3. Mansion World Teachers. (550.2) 48:5.1
4. Morontia World Seraphim. (551.6) 48:6.1
5. Celestial Artisans. (497.1) 44:0.1
6. Morontia Power Supervisors. (542.2) 48:1.5
III. MORONTIA MOTA
1. Mota is more than a superior philosophy. It is to philosophy as two eyes are to one. Material man sees with one eye—morontians with two. (554.2) 48:6.28
2. Without mota man cannot discern truth and goodness in the material world. (1137.3) 103:6.13
3. Mota does what metaphysics fails to do. (1136.2) 103:6.7
4. Revelation is man’s only substitute for mota. (1137.2) 103:6.12
IV. THE MORONTIA SELF
1. Morontians are endowed with the local universe modification of the cosmic mind. Certain phases of mortal mind persist in the surviving soul. (1236.2) 112:6.4
2. Paul spoke of morontia as the “better and more enduring substance.” (542.4) 48:1.7
3. Upon Adjuster fusion the “new name” is conferred. (538.3) 47:8.5
V. THE PROBATION NURSERY
There is a probationary nursery for children dying without Adjusters or before making a survival choice. (531.5) 47:2.1
Spornagia do not have survival souls. They do not have Adjusters. They do not have personality. They are the only beings in the universe to experience reincarnation. (528.3) 46:7.5
- Adam and Eve
- Evil and Sin
- Evolution of the Soul
- God's Eternal Purpose
- Local Universe Creative Spirit
- Local Universe Sons
- Machiventa Melchizedek
- Marriage and the Home
- Mind and Spirit
- Permanent Citizens
- Prayer and Worship
- Religious Experience
- The Corps of the Finality
- The Creator Sons
- The Doctrine of God
- The Holy Spirit
- The Kingdom of Heaven
- The Local Universe
- The Morontia Life
- The Paradise Sons
- The Paradise Trinity
- The Paradise-Havona System
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Plan of Survival
- The Power Directors
- The Spirit of Truth
- The State
- The Supreme Spirit - And Other Personalities
- Thought Adjusters
- Truth, Beauty, and Goodness