A Short History of the Owners of Urantia Foundation’s Head Office

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
Jay Peregrine

By Jay Peregrine, Executive Director Urantia Foundation, USA

An examination of the original deeds, records, and drawings stored in a safe at Urantia Foundation reveals the following names and dates relating to 533 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago, USA.

• 533 W Diversey is "Lot 5 in Lehmann Diversey Blvd Addition", an early 20th Century subdivision on Chicago's Northside.

• March 19, 1907 Augusta Lehmann sells "Lot 5 of the Lehmann Diversey Blvd Addition" to Myna L. Kunz. The Kunzes are required in the contract to improve the property by constructing a two- or three- flat building.

• Plans for a three-flat steel-framed building "at the corner of Diversey and Hampden" are drawn up by Frommann and Jebsen, Architects for Mrs. Myna Kunz.

• The American Institute of Architects guide to Chicago dates the "Sylvan Kunz Flats" as completed 1908. The building is listed in that publication as a noteworthy building on Chicago's Northside.

• April 4, 1908 the Sadlers buy property in La Grange, (Lots 3 and 4 in Block 3 in Leiter's Addition to La Grange) according to a later title search.

• Nov 15, 1918 Myrna and Sylvan Kunz change their name to Myna and Sylvan Coombs.

• Oct 23, 1919 Myna Coombs sells 533 to Annie M. Richter.

• May 25, 1922 Dr. William S. Sadler purchases 533 W. Diversey from Annie Richter. The "Chicago Institute of Research and Diagnosis" operated out of 533 by William S. Sadler and Lena K. Sadler until Lena's death Aug. 8, 1939.

• Dec 3, 1970 533 West Diversey transferred to Urantia Foundation by the Probate Court after the death of Dr. William S. Sadler.

533 West Diversey Parkway, Chicago, USA

Foundation Info

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Urantia Foundation, 533 W. Diversey Parkway, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Tel: +1-773-525-3319; Fax: +1-773-525-7739
© Urantia Foundation. All rights reserved