The Kingdom of Heaven
THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN
I. CONCEPTS OF THE KINGDOM
1. The Jewish religion embraced many and confusing concepts of the kingdom of Heaven. (1858.3) 170:1.1
2. Though Jesus presented varying aspects of the kingdom, his last word always was: “The kingdom is within you.” (1859.5) 170:1.13
3. Jesus presented five cardinal features of the gospel of the kingdom.
- Pre-eminence of the individual.
- Will as determining factor.
- Sonship with God the Father.
- The loving service of men.
- Transcendency of the spiritual over the material. (1863.6) 170:4.8
4. The gospel of the kingdom is the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man. (2052.4) 193:0.4
II. THE BROTHERHOOD OF MAN
1. Brotherhood means that the part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. (138.6) 12:7.11
2. Always must God first find man that man may later find God. (1299.3) 118:5.3
3. Said Jesus: “I send you forth, not to love the souls of men, but rather to love men.” (2043.1) 191:5.3
4. The Jews exalted goodness, the Greeks beauty, the Hindus devotion. The ascetics taught reverence, the Romans demanded loyalty. But Jesus required life—loving service for our brothers in the flesh. (2043.1) 191:5.3
III. THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM
1. The keys of the kingdom are sincerity—and more sincerity. (435.7) 39:4.14
2. Jesus taught two essentials for entering the kingdom—sincere faith and truth hunger. (1861.2) 170:2.20
IV. THE NEW AND LIVING WAY
1. Jesus established the new and living way—he was the truth that makes men free. (596.1) 52:5.4
2. This new way means that mortals may again proceed directly to the mansion worlds after death. (596.2) 52:5.5
3. There are two ways of choosing the Father’s will:
- Negative—not my will but yours.
- Positive—I will that yours be done. (1221.7) 111:5.6
V. THE RELIGION OF JESUS
1. The religion of Jesus provides final salvation—the seven essentials:
- Salvation from material bondage.
- Salvation from mind bondage.
- Salvation from spiritual blindness.
- Salvation from incompleteness of self.
- Salvation even from self.
- Salvation from time.
- Salvation from the finite. (1112.4) 101:6.8
2. Jesus warned his followers about the danger of changing the gospel into a religion about him. (1543.1) 138:6.3
3. Jesus’ new commandment was: Love one another as I have loved you. (1944.4) 180:1.1
VI. SIX PHASES OF THE KINGDOM IN THE BIBLE
1. Personal experience. The kingdom of heaven is within you. Luke 17:21.
2. Social aspects of the kingdom. Preach, saying: The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matt 10:7.
3. The superhuman brotherhood. I will not drink of the cup until I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom. Matt 26:29.
4. The next age of man. It is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32.
5. The age of light and life. Your kingdom come, your will be done. Luke 11:2.
6. Sovereignty of Michael. Remember me when you come into your kingdom. Luke 23:42
- Adam and Eve
- Evil and Sin
- Evolution of the Soul
- God's Eternal Purpose
- Local Universe Creative Spirit
- Local Universe Sons
- Machiventa Melchizedek
- Marriage and the Home
- Mind and Spirit
- Permanent Citizens
- Prayer and Worship
- Religious Experience
- The Corps of the Finality
- The Creator Sons
- The Doctrine of God
- The Holy Spirit
- The Kingdom of Heaven
- The Local Universe
- The Morontia Life
- The Paradise Sons
- The Paradise Trinity
- The Paradise-Havona System
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Plan of Survival
- The Power Directors
- The Spirit of Truth
- The State
- The Supreme Spirit - And Other Personalities
- Thought Adjusters
- Truth, Beauty, and Goodness