Want to Produce a Secondary Work?
On page 1092 of The URANTIA Book, we are told, Confusion goes before growth as well as before destruction. As the growth and expansion of readerbelievers of the Book proceed throughout the world, thousands of individuals are seeking new ways to share the supernal teachings with their fellows.
It is with this in mind that the Trustees, in our fall 1998 URANTIAN News, instituted and announced new and liberal Copyright Permission Policies which allow readers to use text from The URANTIA Book, provided that minimal guidelines are followed. We hope that this will signal new growth regarding the spread of the teachings.
With growth comes some confusion and for many of us, when we want to use our teachings for educational purposes, we may not have time or not be aware that there is a very liberal policy for the fair use of the URANTIA teachings. To assist in the clarification of educational use, the PermissiontoCopy Policy for Educational Purposes is listed below.
- For purposes of this policy, "academic" andlor "educational" means "pertaining to institutional classroom teaching or learning."
- Any person may copy and hand out various portions of The URANTIA Book amounting up to one full paper of The URANTIA Book per each academic or educational use without the necessity of requesting or receiving permission from URANTIA Foundation provided that:
- The recipient of the handout(s) containing quoted material is not charged money for the handout(s) over and above the cost of tuition or, in the event of a conference, the fee for attending the conference where the quoted material is handed out;
- The person copying the material from The URANTIA Book does not revise, alter, or amend the inviolate text of The URANTIA Book prior to copying and handing out the quoted material; and
- The handout containing the material quoted from The URANTIA Book gives the following acknowledgment: This handout is for academic and educational purposes only. It contains quotations from The URANTIA Book, © 1955 URANTIA Foundation, 533 Diversey Parkway, Chicago, Illinois 60614; (773) 5253319; http://www.urantia.org; all rights reserved.
- Any person who wishes to copy and hand out various portions of The URANTIA Book amounting to more than a full paper of The URANTIA Book per each academic andlor educational use needs to contact URANTIA Foundation for permission. Please contact URANTIA Foundation by telephone at (773) 5253319, or by email at email@example.com, or in writing addressed to URANTIA Foundation, 533 Diversey Parkway, Chicago, Illinois 60614.
If you would like more information concerning the copyright and trademark policies, please contact URANTIA Foundation.
Audio Urantia Book
Board Meeting Decisions
Urantia Foundation History